Do Not Disturb – Party of One!
Have you ever been traveling with friends and family or even away on a business trip and found yourself constantly surrounded by people from sun up to sun down with no downtime for you to rejuvenate?
“Solitude is important because it offers us opportunities for introspection, creative thinking and a chance for our minds and bodies to reboot” says Dr. Sherrie Bourg Carter, a psychologist and author on the topics of women and stress.
According to Dr. Bourg Carter these are the top six reasons to seek solitude:
1. It allows you to reboot your brain and unwind.
2. It improves your concentration and increases productivity.
3. It gives you an opportunity to find your own voice and
4. It provides time for you to really think deeply.
5. It helps you work through problems more effectively.
6. It can enhance the quality of your relationships with others.
You are probably wondering why Ketchum Manufacturing is writing about rejuvenating yourself and having alone time! Well, we do quite a bit of traveling for tradeshows and we know how important it is to take a moment to just relax. We recommend going back to your hotel room, putting the “do not disturb” sign on your door and just being alone.
We manufacture door hangers for hotels around the globe and the most popular one is definitely “do not disturb”. These hotels might purchase these in-room signs for other reasons but we think you should use them for a little “you time”.